Individual Key Communities
First Year Key Communities Non-Residential Experience
The Key Communities will be offering a non-residential experience for the 2021-2022 academic year. The non-residential experience is for students who desire to participate in the Key Communities, have a University Housing exemption, or are unable to live in Braiden hall. The non-residential experience will focus on concepts of diversity and equity. Students will work cooperatively to experientially understand aspects of diversity.
Students who participate in the non-residential Key experience will:
- Meet with their assigned peer mentor three times per semester.
- Enroll in a 2-3 Credit Key Seminar course with other students who are participating in the non-residential experience during the fall semester. The non-residential experience provides students an option to enroll in an entirely virtual Key Seminar or a face-to-face Key Seminar (pending University COVID 19 protocols).
- Enroll in a 1-credit, 8 week Key Seminar course during the spring semester.
- Participate in Key Community events throughout the year.
- Live on or off-campus (with approved Housing exemption).